For most clients, the internet is the place where they browse for knowledge, entertainment, news, etc in everyday life. But there much expensive work happening in the background of the internet, “web” is only one piece of it. Behind that internet browser, there are different layers that the normal user may ignore. These three-layer that are used to divide the web is the Surface Web, the Dark Web, and the Deep Web.
What is SURFACE WEB
What users access in their day-to-day life is The Surface Web. It refers to all the websites which open through search engines and don’t need any extraordinary arrangement. Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft’s Internet Explorer or Edge, and Google Chrome are most commonly used for this.
What is DEEP WEB
The Deep Web is the part that is not indexed or accessible by common search engines. These are very sensitive and private data like government-private information, bank information, cloud information, etc. Which implies that most search engine will not return them to you after a search. In order to access those pages, you have a particular URL or IP address. Additionally, the deep web can consist important part of the legitimate standard web simply because they are personalized d for the user. Many deep websites store content and data to their database that support the service we use every day, for example, social media or banking sites. These data are updated frequently and introduce differently depend on user permission.
What is Dark Web
The dark web refers to encrypted online content and requires specific software, instruments, or equipment to get access focused on illegal activity and services. It tries to make users anonymous by routine all their communication through multiple servers and encoding it at each step. Anonymous users utilize the Dark Web to communicate and attract individuals who do illegal stuff like drugs, illegal weapons, malware, and stolen information to sells without getting caught. Silk road One of this website model, which was banned in 2013 by the FBI. Just like the Surface Web, there are many legitimate activities like accessing data, sharing data, protect one’s identity, and communicate with others that happened on the Dark Web too,
How it’s working
Tor Network helped the dark web available for all users which come live in 2002. After 6 years tor project launched tor browser intended to make the deep web somewhat simpler to navigate. Government support for Tor has increased recent year as a part of the State Department’s internet freedom agenda”.Recently Facebook also launched a version of its website on the dark web for nations like China and Iran who restrict them for webpage access.
Is the Deep Web or the Dark Web browsing illegal?
In short no, We want to tell you that everything on the dark web is evil illegal. The Tor network started as an anonymous communication channel, and it still serves a valuable purpose in making a difference.
If we say an example, a part of your 15 years old website content might be found on the dark web which the search engine fails to index because it is very old, or a lifesaving drug required for your family.
What is illegal isn’t simply to access and browse the overlay networks called the deep web or dark web, however, took illegal services that are sold on this network.,Or attempt, hack things without took permission. That is the thing that can get somebody in difficulty, not simple browsing.
So, you should take proper cybersecurity before entering the dark web which we discuss below. It can open you to different threats.
How transactions works in Dark Web
The dark web transaction has been increasing due to bitcoin. The cryptocurrency enables two or more parties or individuals to conduct a trusted transaction without knowing each other.
What exactly inside the dark web
Remember that visiting dark web might put you in danger, especially you are a non-technical person. If you want to go dark web just for curiosity then take proper cybersecurity and planning before go.
- Market Place for various drugs, Reactional drugs, etc.
- Market Place for various unregistered weapons like a gun.
- Various softer needed for dark web browsing, and the list of websites that runs in the dark web.
- Many rare books.
- Tax evasion, counterfeiting, or exchange trade on stolen accounts or credit cards.
- Lots of blueprints for 3D printing stuff, from legitimate things to illegal things.
- Some important building structures .to get access to the building, hidden entrance, secret undetected tunnels.
- Illegally obtain medicine.
- Wikileaks document.
- A Hidden wiki portal claiming to be ‘The Original Wikipedia.
- Child pornography, animal pornography, the file contain nude photos of various celebrity names (probably fake).
- Sites with recordings video child violence, prisoner torture, animal abuse.
- Support of terrorist violence.
- Membership content promoting violence against minorities or government.
Recipe of how to cook human meat with video and image.
- Market place for hired hitman.
- The various platform of life footage or video of the torture and murder.
How to safe when entering the dark web
The Dark Web is easy to reach with the proper tool. With the proper tools, anyone can access and browse the web. there are many reasons for people and companies might visit the dark web. Organizations might go to monitor stolen corporate information. Tor browser is the most recognized one although there are other browsers like I2P. Many organizations investigated and communicate on the dark web.
- The TOR project also develops Tails, a live pre-configured Linux that easily will run on any PC. Tails run an os like in a USB drive, so buy a USB and configure Tails. It gives extra layers of security between the web and the physical system. Tails additionally permit users to store encrypted documents.
- Utilize a virtual machine (VM) to decrease the danger of infection. VMs give a virtual layer between the network and the physical system. This gives an extra layer of security and is removed if the VM is infected with malware.
- Make sure your hardware is optimized and without malware.
- Keep Tor’s protection and security settings to high – Doing so protect you from malware contents and payloads that leave your system valuable.
- Install a VPN – Malware protection protects your device from threat when browsing, VPN use encryption IP address masking to keep your season secure and safe, it also gives an added malware protection from the infected site.
- Be cautious with what you click – Because dangers are ordinary on the web, so it necessary to think and confirm before clicking links.
- Another vital precaution that your .onion URLs are right. Onion URLs by and large contain a line of apparently random letters and numbers. Be sure that you have the right URL
Dark Web Market
Ross Ulbricht operates main market for most of these illegal goods. Although authorities have figured out how to bring it down and capture its owner. In 2018 US government investigate and broke a ring of vendor and another dangerous marketplace such as Alphabay.In 2019 international police took down two more of this type of marketplace Wall Street Market (WSM) and Valhalla Marke.t It remains to be seen for how long this main underground market can be held down, however, there are other minor hubs for purchasing and selling illicit stuff. that is a depiction on schedule: one key characteristic of the dark web is its instability. The site comes and goes quickly especially illegal market.
The deep web may be made up of non-listed pages just because search engines fail to see them or on the grounds, they blocked specific crawl bots. Interestingly, the dark web wants to be hidden. The deep web may be utilized for the good or bad thing. The dark web is the place where the greater part of the illegal economy and society meet up.
If you decide to explore the dark web and avoid risk to secure yourself take the necessary precautions. Educate yourself about this as there are so many interesting things that can attract you and exploit in danger